Friday, March 07, 2008

You know, sometimes I am just blown away by the aweseomeness of life and existence. I am a little wired today, from some good old Lipton and then about three shots of espresso. But wired just enough to be extra alert, instead of on the alert for heart palpitations... If that makes any sense.

I get tired of working at commercialized coffee houses, and I just want to sit and enjoy a decent cuppa in some little mom and pop place. And then I do, and I am amazed at how rejuvenated I feel because of it. And it isn't the caffeine... I'm not really sure what it actually is - possibly the act of disconnection, of sitting and simply drinking my cuppa instead of being on the road, or reading, or anything else.

Today was my last day of English class. I aced it. Would have been really depressed if I hadn't. It was a fun class though. It was kind of sad, in a way, being the last day - since we really separate for this class into our respective programs. So, sure, there will still be quite a few of us in Food History on Monday, but we'll still be losing some-- or at least some of our favorites, to Hotel and Restaurant Management. Ah well, they'll make new friends.

Speaking of friends, I don't know what to do with myself today. I have no homework, and no money... hmmm.

No comments: