Saturday, September 23, 2006

An Underage Toast

So I was going to wait until I could make a new (and decidedly less cheesy) header before I officially started this thing - but a Worley wedding is about to take place.... And since I can't attend and there are some things that need saying, I may as well start here:

The Worleys are real-life heroes. Unbeknownst to them, I looked thier way many of the times I had nearly lost all hope in people over the last year. It's been a rough one, guys... I must say. And, somehow, selfish as it feels to assert, the encouragement (if only in the form of similar struggles) that I found in the words of these two people seemed like it was just for me. Like God used them to keep me from getting lost in myself.
Now, I don't know if that's true, but who does?

Tonight is all about Seth and Arley. About them being real, and loved, and about all the incredible things they'll accomplish as the God who brought them together sits wondering at His own awesomeness in doing so.

So, thanks to Seth and Arley, many happy returns, a joyous wedding, an Indy marathon, and a long, prosperous life together in this mad mad mad mad world.

Mazel tov.

No comments: