Monday, October 30, 2006

I have nothing left in my room to read. All my books have done their dances - many of them twice. So I write.
But I guess the truth is, I'm tired of writing... of reading... of speeches and words and all things having little or nothing to do with image and music and colour... Of having so many thoughts and no longer any adequate medium through which to express them.
Never meaning to sound smartypants or profound or intelligent - but only to have less in my head. Inevitably, however, this is how they arrive.
Packaged or canned and brightly labeled for categorical reference and later use or simply tossed into the Pointless Pile.

I also seem to suffer from an inability to express this without sounding overlysomething. So, I hope none of this has come off as terribly as most of what I say.
Sleep is in order. I imagine it must be fun to work in a coffee shop on Halloween...

4 comments:

grkgrl88 said...

I found your blog because it linked to mine! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for adding me to your links. I'm curious, though. How did you find me? ;)

grkgrl88 said...

Ah, Arwen, I didn't realize it was you until I checked your old blog today! It's weird, because yesterday I read a couple of posts on here and thought, "This writing seems familiar..." And now I know it should. :)

I haven't been blogging much. It's a mix of time issues and a lack of interest, but if I get back to it, I'll definitely add you to my links.

Oh, and I've moved on from Smallville to Supernatural, but I can still be Smallville Girl, at least for its first 3 seasons. :P

Allison said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't had time to reply 'til now. Does your recognising my writing mean I have an actual style?

Supernatural is pretty much my favourite drama right now. Well written, acted, shot, etc - and don't even get me started on Jensen Ackles.
Glad you're still around. :) I'll change your link shortly.

grkgrl88 said...

"Does your recognising my writing mean I have an actual style?"
---Of course it does! Some of the lines you write are SO distinct. Even more than that, more than words and descriptions, I think it's also the way your writing flows. It's unique.

I see that you changed my link. Thank you. :) I should update my blog some time. (It seriously needs it.)

Ah, Supernatural...both Jensen and Jared are excellent actors. (Though, I'm a Sammy girl!) I love how just two actors can carry such a wonderful show.

I know Apollo stopped blogging, and I hope he's okay. See you around. :)