Thursday, April 10, 2008

And so begins the arduous and painfully lengthy process of preparing our house for a very special visit at the end of the month. And the eventual addition of four more people - which will make eight. Whoa.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending upon how you look at it, I am unable to help with the beginning tasks of the yardwork - as I go to school in the morning/afternoon, and then work all night, arriving home at about eleven-thirty... ish. So I'm sitting here biding the little time I have left to procrastinate studying before the test I have tomorrow. Human Resources Management is interesting - but not on a test.

Feeling guilty at my inability to help, I have been working on laundry and discovering that my dog is not the only one who eats socks. Did I mention that before? I think I did. She eats them whole - but no longer the only one to be blamed. Barney also likes to eat socks - and so does little baby Gary. Who, as a sidenote, actually weighs about thirty-five pounds... at four months. Yeah. Via is a year old, and only weighs about forty-five. So, he's pretty big.

Anyway, it's pretty crazy around here. Work is not my favorite these days. Too much is changing at my location, or too frequently, rather. We had a manager quit about a month ago, the one we have now is moving in two weeks, and her replacement is also going to be moving within a couple months of her arrival - both out of state. So, not the greatest times. Every manager has their own rules they want you to follow, and I'm really not looking forward to that self re-calibration happening three times in the next six months. Luckily, I already vented most of my frustration about that to my brother, so I won't be writing a book about it here. Corporations can be rediculous sometimes though, I gotta say.
It's just another reminder of why I plan to be a business owner: I am allergic to working for The Man.

Time to switch the laundry.

No comments: